Interesting show for you this week, this one was really more geared
as less of a podcast and more of a live promotional spot for the
Great Scott! Ten-Year Reunion Show. Since Brett Wiscons now
holds the record for most appearances by a guest on Indy In-Tune
with five, and drummer Jason Kuykendall has now joined the elite
three-peat club, there really wasn't much point in going with the
full-blown interview and getting in depth discussing the current
and future state of a band that is, essentially, defunct.
Don't let that deter you from giving it a listen however,
particularly if you're a Great Scott! fan, since we do play four
rare, unreleased tracks from the band's aborted second album, and
do our fair share of storytelling, confessionals, and generally
random goofiness that is the stuff I really prefer doing to the
straight question/answer format.
Links referenced in the
- Great Scott! can be found here Facebook | Reverb Nation | Twitter | Tumblr
- The band first appeared waaaay back on Show #010.
- Brett and another GS! alum, Jon Shoulders currently play as The
Michaels, (Facebook | Twitter | ReverbNation) and have made two appearances on
the show (Show #092 and Show
- Brett also appeared on Show #073 as a solo artist.
- Jason left Great Scott! to become the drummer
Halo, which later became And Away They Go (Web
SiteMySpace | Facebook | Twitter> | YouTube).
- Supportig 10-year reunion show at the Vogue last October
12 featuring Chad
Mills and The Connect, formerly 40% Steve
- It would seem Andy Cool moved to L.A. on us and is currently
doing bass duties for a band calledThe Grunge
- Yes, we
really do sell tote bags, as well as shot glasses, flasks,
T-shirts, and all manner of merchandise at the Indy In-Tune
- Tracks from this episode come from an abandoned Great Scott!
project recorded four years ago at The Lodge
Studios by Corey Miller.
- In their heyday, GS! played The Warped
Tour and Virginia
- They got their start when members met at Marian University.
- This episode was fueled by Sam Adams Dunkelweisen and Octoberfest.
- Sheboygan is, in fact, in
- The GS!10 Reunion Show is sponsored by Indy
Stripe beer, and Mustache
- The show premiered on opening night of the Broad
Rripple Music Fest.
- When in St.
Martin, Brett recommends that you try the Presidente beer.