Jul 29, 2009
Since I started the last two shows with a cliche, let me
complete the trilogy by starting this one with the old saying,
"Youth is wasted on the young." This week we present Dutch
Rudder, a fresh-on-the-scene underground/DIY band that in just a
few weeks since forming has already put together quite a bit of
original material blending "math rock," hardcore, progressive, jam
band, and indie sensibilities into an ambitious sound that mirrors
many of the contemporaries in their scene, like Kurt Rambis (Show
#036), but with an emphasis of expressing the emotion of a song
musically rather than lyrically, and creating elaborate arrangments
over showcasing technical wizardry. Basically, it's good
stuff, and though the quality of the demo is pretty rough --
recorded in true DIY fashion in a garage with a single microphone
-- it's definitely worth checking out.
Links referenced in the show:
- Dutch Rudder can be found here: MySpace.
- The first untitled track was intended as a musical tribute to
- Kidney Stone Keychain is a reference to Ed, Edd, n Eddie.
- Quentin also works on a side project called Ghostly News:
- Dutch Rudder has not yet recorded their first CD, however, they
can be found on Last.FM.
- Marcus, among his other talents, is a master at Magic: the
- Our promo this evening is for Indy's own Zack the Mothman Daggy
and his myriad projects.
- Our next Musicians Night Out will be Tuesday, August 25, at
Incredible Pizza near Greenwood Park Mall.
- Indy In-Tune is proud to be a co-sponsor of the 8 Seconds Saloon Rock Battle. Come out
and hear the next heat Friday August 21st at 7:00 PM.
- We hope to see everyone at our annual Podcast Marathon at this
Kause. Come out and hear a dozen or so really great bands
in an outdoor setting, Friday and Saturday, August 28th and 29th at
the American Legion campground in Fortville, Indiana.
- Fellow Indy podcast Crossroad Resonances (MySpace | Web Site) is sponsoring the September to
Remember on September 11th and 12th. For details and a list
of bands being featured, check out their show.
- The next Indianapolis Podcasters Guild meetup will be Monday,
August 24th, 7:00 PM at the Yats